Terms and Conditions of Service
Use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all who wish to utilise the transport service or Eurogearshift Ltd.
Terms used in this document
- “Service” - Refers to Eurogearshift Ltd’s transport and associated loading and unloading, collection/delivery and/or removals services.
- “Subcontractor” - Refers to any other company or individual specified to undertake all or part of the Service for Eurogearshift Ltd agreed upon by the client.
- “Client” - Refers to the customer who is being offered the Service or has agreed to the Service.
- “Space” - Refers to the required cubic meterage Volume for the Client’s Load.
- “Loading” - Refers to the transfer of goods from the Client’s nominated collection point, to the vehicle being used for the transport. It also refers to the transfer of goods from the vehicle being used for transport, to the Client’s nominated delivery point.
- “Load” - Refers to the total goods each Client will need transporting.
- “Shared Load” or “Co-Load” - Refers to the Client’s Load as part of a group of Loads that will share the same van Space.
- “Volume” - Refers to the Length, Depth and Height combined of the goods each Client wishes to have transported.
- “Dedicated Van Load” - Refers to the total Volume and weight capacity of one vehicle. This Service is for the van to arrive at the collection point on, or as close as possible to, the date mutually agreed by the Client and Eurogearshift Ltd or it’s Subcontractor. The Service is for a full load (up to 900kgs) to be delivered to the Client’s nominated destination point. The Service is a ‘point to point’ Service which means the transport is completed directly from collection to delivery point within the same week.
- “Dedicated Van and Box Trailer” - Refers to the total Volume and weight capacity of one van and one box trailer. This Service is for the van and trailer to arrive at the collection point on, or as close as possible to, the date mutually agreed by the Client and Eurogearshift Ltd or it’s Subcontractor. The Service is for a full load (up to 1800kgs) to be delivered to the Client’s nominated destination point. The Service is a ‘point to point’ Service which means the transport is completed directly from collection point to delivery point within the same week.
Terms of Service
- INFORMATION: The Client is expected to provide specific details of the Volume and weight of goods that they require to be transported before Space is reserved.
- PACKING: All boxes, bags and cases that make up part or all of the Load, must be packed in a way that allows stacking. Mirrors and larger pictures must be wrapped and sealed with bubble-wrap or cardboard.
- LABELLING: All items must be labelled and numbered prior to loading. Each box/package/bag/case/bundle must have the client's surname and delivery town marked using either sticky labels, marker pen or tied labels. Items must display the total number of boxes in the consignment. (ie, 1 of 32, 2 of 32 etc)
- SEALING: All cardboard boxes must be sealed with tape; plastic containers must have lids clamped shut or sealed with tape (or clips) also; bags must be fully zipped; and all packages wrapped.
- COUNTING: The total number of items must be counted onto the vehicle so that the client is satisfied the quantity for transport is correct. Counting the items at the delivery point is also important to ensure all the goods which were collected have been delivered.
- FURNITURE: Furniture can be left unwrapped or unpacked, but no responsibility will be taken for damage done as a result of Co-loading or transfer from vehicle to delivery point and from collection point to vehicle.
- CUSTOMS DECLARATIONS: The customer must now provide a copy of their passport, a utility bill for the sending property and the property at the receiving end. Also, a detailed inventory is required. The costs are between £150 - £200 to process any one consignment.
- SHARED LOADS: The client understands that their goods will be loaded along with other clients' goods. The routing of any given trip will be efficiently planned to ensure minimum mileage. This means that clients will have their goods delivered in the order of the route (provided in advance by Eurogearshift Ltd) and, where possible, within reasonable hours. Unless the customer has requested a dedicated vehicle, all goods will share space on the van (or trailer, if applicable) in this way. This method helps to keep the cost to the customer at a reasonable level. It is crucial to be accurate in terms of weight and volume at the time of booking so that the customer who's shipment is loaded last, is not let down and unable to send the amount they had booked to send.
- DEDICATED VAN: If the client has requested a dedicated van, then everything will be done that is possible to arrange this for the specific date that the client requires.
- WEIGHT: (IMPORTANT) It is the customer's responsibility to ensure their shipment is weighed. An allowance of 80kgs per cubic meter is allotted to each customer for their consignment. If the weight is to exceed this allowance, then the price is increased to reflect the extra and the client will have been made aware of this at the time of quotation. At the time of collection, all goods may be weighed as they are loaded. This is to ensure the total weight of goods being loaded does not exceed the legal requirements. If the weight of a consignment is greater than the weight allotted or the weight agreed between the client and Eurogearshift Ltd, I reserve the right to decline a part of the consignment in order to meet the driver's legal vehicle weight limits for the highways of Europe and the UK. This is necessary due to the large fines which are often charged to drivers who can very easily break this law without realising it. If there is extra weight capacity available to the customer on the trip, then a charge for the excess weight will be incurred of between £2.50 and £2.95 per kilo, depending on trip distance.
- VOLUME: At the collection point, the client's goods will be measured once loaded. If the consignment takes up more volume than originally agreed, Eurogearshift Ltd reserves the right to decline the excess. Every effort, however, will be made to avoid this scenario. But the customer will be charged for any excess volume at the rate agreed when the transport was booked.
- INSURANCE: Eurogearshift Ltd has a Goods In Transit Insurance policy. A copy of this can be obtained on request. Due to the nature of Removals Insurance in Europe, it has not been possible to obtain a policy that covers certain countries in Europe for general removals. If particular items do need to be covered by insurance in transit, then details of these items must be provided to Eurogearshift Ltd. Details must include: Value, description and a photograph. These items can be insured under a 'Marine Policy' and a quote for this insurance can be obtained.
- The preferred method of insurance for most clients is to have their goods added to their Home Contents insurance under a 'Senders Policy'. Clients can obtain details of this via their insurance company or agent.
- PAYMENT: A 20% deposit is required in order to reserve the space and weight capacity on the vehicle. Balance of the invoice can be paid anytime from the collection of goods up until two hours prior to unloading at the delivery address.